Well, to say the least, I think most of you are well aware of my love for sports....however, tennis is not one of my favorites but I do love to watch the major tournaments, such as Wimbledon. Back in July when Wimbledon was going on, throughout the day, I would flip back and forth just to keep up with who was leading and so forth. For some reason, during all of this, Jax developed a strong passion for tennis. It pretty much got to where that is ALL we would watch. He would imitate everything the players did. This would go on for hours and hours. Mom and dad found him a little nerf tennis set and he thought he had hit the jack pot....again, this would go on for hours and hours.
So, time has passed and ever since then, Jax's love for tennis grew into a love for games in general. He got to where he would just make up his own game and want us to play it with him. Jason and I started talking about how fun it would be to get him a Wii. We kept holding out because we just weren't sure if he was old enough to really grasp the concept, or understand how to work the controls, etc. Every time we would go into Walmart, he would have to go look at the "tennis game." In other words, the Wii that was a demo in the store. So after debating, Jason finally decided it was time to get that kid a REAL game. Not thinking that Jax would have ANY clue as to what he was pulling out of the sack, I told Jason to sit down and explain to him what it was. HA! No need for that. He pulled the box out of the sack and started jumping up and down....sort of how I would if I won the lottery! He knew exactly what it was and to say the least, was a VERY happy camper! He kept yelling, "my very very own game", "I love it", I'm sooo proud of it" (while hugging the controls tight). So, to make a long story short, Santa came a wii bit early! ;)
PS. it didn't take him long to figure it out.....
No comments:
Post a Comment